InspireHealth, a Canadian leader in supportive cancer care, is seeking a passionate Care Coordinator to join our Vancouver team in a full-time capacity.
The InspireHealth Care Coordinator supports the organization’s administrative and front desk responsibilities, providing exceptional first point of contact for patients, support people, donors, and the general public. Reporting directly to the Manager of Administration, the role supports the Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna centres and is best suited for an energetic professional who thrives while multi-tasking, is highly organized, flexible, takes ownership of tasks, and maintains an immaculate attention to detail. The ideal Care Coordinator has strong customer service skills, a compassionate presence, and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work independently while part of a team and to exercise sound judgement is essential.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. Since 1997, we have provided programs and services to enhance quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. Our cancer rehabilitation services support and educate people during and after cancer treatment. We offer practical and personalized exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
• Previous experience in an administrative role, experience in a clinical setting is ideal
• Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience using Electronic Medical Records and E-Tapestry is an asset
• Excellent communication abilities, including strong speaking and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to support clinical staff
• Ability to make decisions and take initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload
• Strong desire to learn on the job
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Ability to multi-task with grace and remain detail oriented at all times
• Ability to work with a broad range of people including patients, support people, volunteers and staff
• Capacity to maintain highest level of discretion and confidentiality
• Answer a high volume of telephone calls, and handle new patient inquiries with care and compassion
• Check email, mail and fax daily, answering all questions and distributing accordingly
• Create a warm and welcoming environment as the first point of contact for InspireHealth
• Daily database management of patient files in Electronic Medical Records
• Schedule management to book appointments for clinicians with new and established patients
• Assist with virtual classes
• Receive and process donations
• Coordinate with other healthcare organizations for medical records
• Keep the office clean, tidy, and organized
What We Can Offer You
• Competitive package with excellent benefits including health and dental, health spending account and Employee Assistance Program
• Competitive paid vacation leave
• Training and professional development opportunities
• Business casual attire
• A collaborative and supportive work environment
• A commitment to work/life balance
• A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
• A rewarding workplace experience where you know you are making a difference every day
• An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
• Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, and Kelowna
• Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
You must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. Please email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please share your understanding of a healing environment and why you would like to work for InspireHealth. Please include CARE COORDINATOR in the Subject line of your email and include your last name in the file name for both your resume and cover letter.