What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Clinical Counsellor to join our team.
Come work with the InspireHealth team in this full-time permanent position in InspireHealth’s Vancouver centre. The InspireHealth Clinical Counsellor provides person-centred care to inspire people living with cancer to enhance their emotional well-being and engage with their health. The Clinical Counsellor provides individual and group counselling services to patients, teaches and facilitates InspireHealth programs for patients and their families, reaches out to the community through speaking engagements and liaises with community healthcare professionals and agencies.
The ideal Clinical Counsellor for this role has a compassionate presence and a clinical style supportive of patient empowerment and engagement. They possess a significant understanding of emotional health as it relates to chronic illness, cancer and end-of-life. Their leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills will be called upon in this role. They possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with integrity, self-responsibility, and accountability. The Clinical Counsellor is well organized, self-directed and takes initiative. They work well independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. They are passionate about patient education and opportunities to present to health professional colleagues. Clinical Counsellors provide support for patients and their families at all levels (mind, body, emotions, spirit) and across the spectrum of cancer care from the initial diagnosis, through decision making regarding treatments and end of life care.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
- Previous clinical experience working within a healthcare setting
- Masters degree from an accredited educational institution in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, or Social Science field relevant to the position
- Registration and in good standing with a professional association or regulatory body, such as CCPA, BCACC, BCCSW
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills in English, other languages are an asset
- Competent technical skills on Windows based systems, electronic medical records and software platforms for virtual patient care and group support.
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
- Provide individual counseling support to patients (currently via telephone, video and in-person)
- Provide end of life counseling services
- Complete intake documents, appointment notes, and maintain electronic patient records
- Facilitate support groups for patients and support persons
- Facilitate interactive patient education sessions within InspireHealth and with other cancer care communities
- Give public talks and participate in community networking and fundraising events to increase awareness about InspireHealth
- Actively engage with team meetings and meetings with the Counselling team
- Contribute to InspireHealth blog and newsletter, occasional magazine or newspaper articles
- Evening and weekend work may be required for class or program delivery.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary and extended health and dental benefits
- Competitive paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Business casual attire
- On-site fitness facilities
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with flexible work-from-home options
- A commitment to work/life balance
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A rewarding workplace experience where we know we are making a difference every day
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, and Kelowna
- Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘CLINICAL COUNSELLOR’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.