Director of Development and Marketing
What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Director of Development and Marketing to join our team.
Come work with the InspireHealth team in this full-time permanent position. Based primarily out of our Vancouver office, and reporting directly to the CEO, this position is perfect for someone with a passion and talent for fund development and the ability to promote our programs and services to our patient and health care community. You’ll lead a small support team and do big things! This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to excel in a position that requires relationship stewardship, team building, strategic thinking, and the ability to balance a dynamic portfolio while making a difference in the lives of people living with cancer and their families.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising strategy and related programs and initiatives while managing a dynamic team.
- Grow prospective major individual, corporate and foundation donors and develop strategies to cultivate and steward these relationships.
- Manage our annual campaigns as well as first and third-party events – including our annual A Night to Inspire Gala and Rain Walk while growing other funding portfolios such as legacy giving.
- Oversee the organization’s communications strategy directed at our donor and patient community, including strategies to increase awareness of InspireHealth’s programs and services.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5-7 years of progressive experience and success in fundraising as well as experience in marketing communications.
- Proven success in soliciting and stewarding donors, planning and executing annual fundraising events, online giving, sponsorships, and directed campaigns.
- A good understanding of current trends in philanthropy and best practices in the charitable sector.
- Experience in leveraging digital assets and social media platforms to build engagement and awareness.
- Excellent relationship building ability along with strong written and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to leverage data and analytics for decision making and planning purposes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, with a strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel, is essential. Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Familiarity with donor and event management databases, such as eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge, AKA Raisin, and auction management software like Clickbid or Givergy.
- Experience leveraging marketing communications tools such as Mail Chimp & Facebook Business Meta.
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy including annual giving campaigns, major donor cultivation and stewardship, special events and grant writing.
- Be aware of the ever-changing fundraising environment (e.g., in-person and virtual campaigns) and adapt accordingly.
- Set and manage budgets for all initiatives and evaluate results ensuring a strong ROI.
Develop & Maintain Donor Relations
- Implement the strategy for overall donor development and fundraising initiatives with a focus on major donor cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation.
- Manage ongoing donor recognition strategy.
- Support team to ensure reporting is complete on donor gift agreements, stewardship reports and donor communications.
- Ensure all CRA requirements are adhered to in relation to donor gifts.
Annual Fundraising & Special Events
- Lead the planning, coordinating and execution of InspireHealth events and support, as necessary, third-party events. This includes two major annual events, as well as donor appreciation events.
- Establish fundraising goals and ensure financial targets are met.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist in planning and implementing annual events.
- Ensure all events adhere to event, brand, and organizational standards.
- Execute on logistical details required to ensure a smooth event.
- Oversee direct marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate patient testimonials and stories to support communications strategy.
Foundation and Corporate Fundraising
- Create and implement strategy for corporate development.
- Support and nurture existing relationships and expands partnership opportunities.
- Recruit corporate partners for event sponsorships.
- Manage grant applications and coordinate timelines for grant applications.
Communications & Marketing
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated marketing communications plan.
- Develop communications to patient and community stakeholders including our monthly newsletter and annual report.
- Manage social media channels and content to engage our community and increase awareness of our programs and services.
- Develop relationships with key media to grow awareness.
- Work with vendors including graphic designers and writers to create communications collateral.
- Manage day to day marketing and communication requirements including copy creation and editing, website management, etc.
- Maintain brand consistency and standards across all projects and media.
What We Can Offer You
- A rewarding opportunity to know you are making a difference every day
- Competitive package with excellent benefits, including health and dental, health spending account and Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Business casual attire
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with some work-from-home opportunity
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Central, lively location (Cambie/Broadway) close to shopping, dining and public transit, including Skytrain
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Salary range for this position: $45/hr- $50/hr
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.