InspireHealth, a Canadian leader in supportive cancer care, is seeking a full-time Director of Fundraising & Marketing to join our incredible team. This position is based out of our Vancouver office with responsibilities spanning all InspireHealth physical and virtual Centres.
InspireHealth is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided programs and services to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition and counselling services.
Director of Fundraising & Marketing Position
This is a key role on the leadership team responsible for the fundraising goals and strategy for the organization. The role is also responsible for the communication of our programs and services to our patient and health care community.
In this position you will manage a small team and report directly to the CEO. Key areas of accountability include:
- Develop and oversee annual fundraising strategy and related programs and initiatives including the
management of annual campaigns and key events such as our A Night to Inspire Gala and our annual Rain Walk.
- Identify prospective major individual, corporate and foundation donors and develop strategies to cultivate
and steward these relationships
- Oversee the organization’s communications strategy directed at our donor and patient community, including
strategies to increase awareness of InspireHealth’s programs and services.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy including annual giving campaigns, major donor cultivation and stewardship, special events and grant writing.
- Be aware of the ever-changing fundraising environment (e.g., in-person and virtual campaigns) and adapt accordingly
- Set and manage budgets for all initiatives and evaluate results ensuring a strong ROI
Develop & Maintain Donor Relations
- Implement with the CEO, the strategy for overall donor development and fundraising initiatives with a focus on major donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation
- Manage ongoing donor recognition strategy
- Support team to ensure reporting is complete on donor gift agreements, stewardship reports and donor communications
- Ensure all CRA requirements are adhered to in relation to donor gifts
Annual Fundraising & Special Events
- Lead the planning, coordinating and execution of InspireHealth events and support, as necessary, third-party events. This includes two major annual events, as well as donor appreciation events.
- Establish fundraising goals and ensure financial targets are met
- Recruit volunteers to assist in planning and implementing annual events
- Ensure all events adhere to event, brand and organizational standards
- Execute on logistical details required to ensure a smooth event
- Oversee direct marketing campaigns
- Coordinate patient testimonials and stories to support communications strategy
Foundation and Corporate Fundraising
- Support CEO and Senior Management in the creation and implementation of strategy for corporate
- Support and nurture existing relationships and expands partnership opportunities
- Recruit corporate partners for event sponsorships
- Manage grant applications and coordinate timelines for grant applications
Communications & Marketing
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated marketing communications plan
- Develop communications to patient and community stakeholders including our monthly newsletter and annual report
- Manage social media channels and content to engage our community and increase awareness of our
programs and services
- Develop relationships with key media to grow awareness
- Work with vendors including graphic designers and writers to create communications collateral
- Manage day to day marketing and communication requirements including copy creation and editing, website management, etc.
- Maintain brand consistency and standards across all projects and media
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in related fundraising role with increasing levels of responsibility as well as experience in marketing communications.
- Proven success in soliciting and stewarding donors, annual fundraising events, online giving, sponsorships, and directed campaigns.
- Understanding of current trends in philanthropy and best practices in the charitable sector
- Experience in leveraging digital assets and social media platforms to build engagement and awareness
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Outstanding presentation and writing skills.
- Experience in leveraging marketing communications tools such as Mail Chimp and Facebook Business Meta
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products essential, Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Familiarity with donor and event management databases, such as eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge, AKA Raisin, and auction management software like Clickbid or Givergy.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with flexible work from home options
- A commitment to work/life balance
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- A rewarding workplace experience where we know we are making a difference every day
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna
- Inspiring and continuous support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Access to on-site fitness facilities
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘DIRECTOR OF FUNDRAISING & MARKETING’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be
contacted for an interview.