What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Manager of Administration to join our team.
Come work with the InspireHealth team in this permanent position. The role is full-time, but we would consider part-time for the right candidate. Based primarily out of our Vancouver office, and reporting directly to the CEO, this position is perfect for someone with a passion for administration, office and operations management that loves wearing multiple hats and improving processes. You’ll lead a small support team and do big things! This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to excel in a position that requires strong organization skills, multi-tasking, critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to balance a dynamic workload while making a difference in the lives of people living with cancer and their families.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
• Organize and coordinate administrative and office management procedures to enhance operational effectiveness.
• Support the Executive team and Board of Directors, and assist with projects that support the organization’s strategic plan.
• Contribute to the organization’s operations in various areas such as clinical support, technology, and digital transformation.
• Support the organization’s HR operations and administration to support our dynamic team.
A Little About Us:
InspireHealth (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You:
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in administration and/or operations
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of people including patients, donors, Board members, volunteers, and staff. Support outreach to promote InspireHealth and contribute to an increase in new patient registrations
• Ability to use critical thinking skills and take initiative, with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and remaining adaptable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Capacity to maintain highest level of discretion and confidentiality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products essential
• Familiarity with Electronic Medical Record databases is an asset
A Little About the Key Responsibilities:
Administration & Office Management:
• Manage front desk team including providing guidance and direction to ensure streamlined and efficient operations.
• Manage co-op students including hiring, onboarding, supporting learning objectives, maintaining relationships with post-secondary institutions, etc.
• Support front desk duties and admin team tasks as needed
• Provide office management for all three centre locations including service requests with property managers, managing alarm accounts, purchasing office items, and ensuring office is clean and tidy.
• Support people & culture with planning staff events, sending out e-cards to be signed, etc.
• Support inventory and petty cash reconciliation
• Provide administration support to Executive team as needed, including Visa reconciliation, booking travel, etc.
• Develop and implement strategic process and procedure improvement
Board of Directors Support:
• Manage the Board of Directors’ calendar of meetings
• Coordinate monthly and quarterly Executive Report updates for the Board
• Support in-person Board meetings including booking venue, ordering food, printing documents, etc.
• Organize annual Society Membership drive and process all applications
• Organize Annual General Meeting including managing timeline, creating documents, etc.
• Oversee Clinic Operations Coordinator with managing operations-related technology including Electronic Medical Record, Telus Business Connect, website, front desk call queue system, and general IT support.
• Act as the organization’s Privacy Officer and ensure security of digital and paper files
• Oversee Clinic Operations Coordinator with implementing new software as part of our digital transformation project
• Support outreach to promote InspireHealth and contribute to an increase in new patient registrations
• Support organization initiatives such as A Night to Inspire Gala
Human Resources Support:
• Manage recruitment and onboarding processes
• Create and reconcile timesheets
• Manage HR administration including ensuring all documents are signed and stored securely
• Assist in establishing new office and HR policies as required
• Updating employee manual and other HR documents as required
• Work with CEO on annual HR strategy review
What We Can Offer You:
• Competitive salary and extended health and dental benefits
• 37.5-hour work week
• Competitive paid vacation leave
• Paid sick leave
• Training and professional development opportunities
• Business casual attire
• On-site fitness facilities
• A collaborative and supportive work environment with flexible work-from-home options
• A commitment to work/life balance
• A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
• A rewarding workplace experience where we know we are making a difference every day
• An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
• Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, and Kelowna
• Inspiring and continuous support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
If You’d Like Us to Know About You:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘MANAGER OF ADMINISTRATION’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.