Senior Manager of Supportive Care
What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident that your work enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? Bring your passion for people, commitment to healthcare excellence, and expertise to InspireHealth’s Vancouver centre. We are seeking a talented, dynamic, and experienced Senior Manager of Supportive Care to join our team in this full-time permanent position.
Working directly with the Director of Clinical Services, the Senior Manager of Supportive Care oversees the delivery of our programs and services including one-on-one and group support in the areas of exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, counselling services and more.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially
funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to
enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. Our goalis to remove barriers of access and provide free supportive care services to patients with any type of cancer and at any stage.
A Little About You
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
- Seven (7) years’ recent related experience, including two (2) years in a leadership role in a clinical
healthcare setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A clinical designation in a healthcare field such as dietetics, nursing, exercise therapy, social work,
clinical counselling, or another relevant field.
- Experience in and passion for the cancer care space and a commitment to person-centred supportive
- Demonstrated excellence in confident and influential leadership and mentorship.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be effective on the front line as well as on the
- Excellent oral and written communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and carry out projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide progressive and innovative approaches to service delivery and effectively address program issues.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with changing priorities and deadlines.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and inspirational team leadership.
- Registration and in good standing with the applicable professional association or regulatory body.
- Professional liability insurance coverage.
- Excellent technical skills in Windows-based systems, electronic medical records, and software
platforms for virtual meetings and presentations.
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
Oversees Supportive Cancer Care Programs & Services
- Collaborate with Program Leads of nutrition, counselling, exercise, and physician teams to provide.
patients with optimal one-on-one and group programming at all three centres and online.
- Manage program schedules as well as clinician schedules to run patient services effectively.
- Support program leads and care coordinators on daily clinic operations and patient issues to ensure transformative program delivery.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders, including the Manager of Administration, Director of Marketing and Development and others, on various projects to support the organization and ensure excellence in clinic operations.
- Provide input and recommendations on patient pathways, referrals, feedback loops, hybrid models, etc.
- Ensure effective and efficient clinic operations while maintaining consistent and accurate communication with care team members and patients.
- Oversees patient engagement metrics and uses learnings for data-informed decisions about programming.
- Actively participate in key meetings with internal and external partners and agencies on behalf of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Provide input and support on strategic projects and reporting to the InspireHealth team.
Drive Awareness and Engagement of Programs Through Partnership Development and Outreach
- Refine and coordinate clinician outreach strategy to drive patient numbers and other key metrics
in collaboration with team.
- Build collaborative relationships with community partners to increase awareness, identify and help
fill gaps in a patient’s cancer journey.
- Participates in strategic planning, program and service development to ensure best-in-class patient
- Support the operationalization of InspireHealth’s strategic goals & priorities for programs and
- Represents the Director of Clinical Services at critical meetings, internally and externally.
- Provide input into the development of the annual budget to support clinical service delivery.
- Manage and report on financial performance as required for reporting.
- Establish and grow relationships with key stakeholders and partners as they pertain to clinical
- Develop and deliver online and in-person presentations about InspireHealth and its programs to
advance the organization.
- Attend speaking engagements to share the InspireHealth story and to build awareness of the
program for patient outreach.
- Proactively and passionately support other organizational initiatives (e.g., Rain Walk, Gala, etc.), as
Develop Patient Communication & Collateral
- Oversee development of patient-focused collateral & messaging including monthly schedules,
blogs/posts, website updates, and presentations, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders on content to support special projects, as needed.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development to foster an environment that empowers and
supports team members to provide safe and quality care.
- Establish and maintain a supportive environment through team building and other retention
activities, including opportunities for acknowledgement and celebration of success.
- Facilitate ongoing organizational development, team building, and capacity-building strategies and
- Identify and pursue outreach and networking opportunities to advance the work of InspireHealth
and the patient care team.
- Manage team communications, including coordinating and facilitating team meetings, distributing
materials, and corresponding on progress across care areas.
What We Can Offer You
- A rewarding opportunity to know you are making a difference every day
- Competitive package with excellent benefits including health and dental, health spending account
and Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Business casual attire
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with some work-from-home opportunity
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Central, lively location (Cambie/Broadway) close to shopping, dining and public transit, including
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Salary range for this position: $43/hr – $57/hr
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the position requirements outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Senior Manager of Supportive Care ’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview