InspireHealth, a Canadian leader in supportive cancer care, is seeking a health-oriented and passionate Physician to join our incredible team in a part-time capacity (2 to 3 days per week). This position is based out of our Kelowna office with responsibilities spanning all InspireHealth physical and virtual Centres.
InspireHealth is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided programs and services to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition and counselling services.
The InspireHealth Physician provides a person-centred approach to supportive cancer care with a focus on lifestyle measures to support health and well-being. Patient care includes individual consultations, and facilitation of group programs for patients and their families. As part of the individualized patient care, the Physician will assess patients, review medical reports and create personalized recommendations and education for lifestyle improvements and health promotion. In addition, the Physician teaches and facilitates other InspireHealth programs, reaches out to the community through speaking engagements, liaises with other healthcare professionals and outside agencies, and performs other related duties as required.
The ideal Physician for this role has a compassionate presence and a clinical style supportive of patient empowerment and engagement. They possess a significant understanding of emotional health as it relates to chronic illness, cancer and end-of-life care. Their leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills will be called upon in this role. They possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with integrity, self-responsibility, and accountability. The Physician is well organized and self-directed, working well independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Previous experience with cancer or complex chronic illness is an asset.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Medical Doctor (MD) degree and registered, licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC at time of appointment
• Family Medicine Residency training, CCFP designation or equivalent
• Enrolment with the Medical Services Plan
• Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) or equivalent professional liability insurance coverage
• Minimum of one year of experience in the Canadian health care system in family medicine or a specialty area, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
We are proud to offer our employees:
• A collaborative and supportive work environment with flexible work from home options
• A commitment to work/life balance
• A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
• A rewarding workplace experience where we know we are making a difference every day
• An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
• Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna
• Inspiring and continuous support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
• Access to on-site fitness facilities
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘PHYSICIAN – KELOWNA’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.