Our team of supportive care physicians are with you every step of the way with knowledge, guidance and support.
As an InspireHealth patient, you will have access to a 60-minute consultation with one of our medical doctors. This comprehensive consultation includes a discussion of your medical history, social support, and emotional well-being. There is an opportunity to discuss any questions, concerns, stresses or decision-making challenges that you may have.
The role of our physicians is to provide guidance on supportive approaches to enhance quality of life, health and well-being at diagnosis, while going through cancer and its treatments, or any time thereafter. Follow-up visits are available if needed.
InspireHealth Physician appointments are opportunities to explore:
- Support for understanding diagnosis, treatment, test results, and medical terminology
- Role of oncologist and oncology team
- Decision-making support
- Serious illness conversations i.e. understanding patients’ care goals
- Managing treatment side effects
- Lifestyle changes (e.g. nutrition, exercise, sleep, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, etc.)
- Emotional health, stress reduction practices, and coping strategies
- Managing work, life, and relationships
- Sexual health and body image
- Cancer-related fatigue (CRF)
- Death and dying
- Advance care planning; MAiD
- Current evidence regarding supplements, medicinal cannabis, and complementary & alternative treatments (CAM)
- Community resources and referrals