Supportive Care Physician Consultation
Our team of supportive care physicians are with you every step of the way with knowledge, guidance and support.
As an InspireHealth patient, you will have access to a 60-minute consultation with one of our medical doctors. This comprehensive consultation includes a discussion of your medical history, social support, and emotional well-being. There is an opportunity to discuss any questions, concerns, stresses or decision-making challenges that you may have.
The role of our physicians is to provide guidance on supportive approaches to enhance quality of life, health and well-being at diagnosis, while going through cancer and its treatments, or any time thereafter. Follow-up visits are available if needed.
InspireHealth Physician appointments are opportunities to explore:
- Support for understanding diagnosis, treatment, test results, and medical terminology
- Role of oncologist and oncology team
- Decision-making support
- Serious illness conversations i.e. understanding patients’ care goals
- Managing treatment side effects
- Lifestyle changes (e.g. nutrition, exercise, sleep, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, etc.)
- Emotional health, stress reduction practices, and coping strategies
- Managing work, life, and relationships
- Sexual health and body image
- Cancer-related fatigue (CRF)
- Death and dying
- Advance care planning; MAiD
- Current evidence regarding supplements, medicinal cannabis, and complementary & alternative treatments (CAM)
- Community resources and referrals
If you are benefiting from our services, please consider making a donation so we can continue offering free programming.