What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that
the work you do enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families?
We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Programs & Administrative Support Coordinator to
join our team.
Come work with the InspireHealth team in this short-term contract position. We are open to this position being full-time or part-time.
Based out of our Kelowna office, and reporting directly to our Manager of Administration, this position is best suited for a highly organized, self-motivated individual who thrives working in a holistic environment. The InspireHealth Programs & Administrative Support Coordinator supports the organization’s administrative and front desk responsibilities, providing exceptional first point of contact for patients, support people, donors, and the general public. While based in Kelowna, the role supports the Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna and virtual centres and is best suited for an energetic professional who thrives in a supportive environment, is great at multi-tasking, highly organized, an excellent problem solver, adaptable, takes ownership of tasks, and maintains an immaculate attention to detail. The ideal Programs & Administrative Support Coordinator has strong customer service skills, a compassionate presence and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work independently while part of a team and to exercise sound judgement is essential.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
• Previous experience in an administrative role, experience in a non-profit or clinical setting is ideal
• Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) an asset and preferred
• Experience using Electronic Medical Records and E-Tapestry is an asset
• Excellent communication abilities, including strong speaking and writing skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accountability
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to support clinical staff
• Ability to make decisions and take initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload
• Strong desire to learn on the job
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Ability to multi-task with grace and remain detail oriented at all times
• Ability to work with a broad range of people including patients, support people, volunteers, donors, and staff
• Capacity to maintain highest level of discretion and confidentiality
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
• Manage and process registrations for classes and programs
• Check registration email – answering all questions and distribute accordingly
• Maintain impeccable written and oral communication with patients to support the registration process
• Provide technology and administrative support to patients and staff before, during, and after classes
• Record class attendance and maintain patient engagement statistics
• Update and manage weekly class schedule
• Answer a high volume of telephone calls, and handle new patient inquiries with care and compassion
• Check email, mail and fax daily, answering all questions and distributing accordingly
• Create a warm and welcoming environment as the first point of contact for InspireHealth
• Daily database management of patient files in Electronic Medical Records and E-Tapestry
• Schedule management to book appointments for clinicians with new and established patients
• Receive and process donations
• Manage sales of various items at the front desk and keep inventory of all items
• Keep the office clean, tidy and organized
What We Can Offer You
• A collaborative, supportive, and uplifting work environment
• A commitment to work/life balance
• A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
• A rewarding workplace experience where we know we are making a difference every day
• An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
• Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna
• Inspiring and continuous support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘PROGRAMS & ADMINISTRATIVE
SUPPORT COORDINATOR’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be
contacted for an interview.