What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Registered Dietitian (RD) to join our team.
Come work with the InspireHealth team in this 4-5 days per week maternity-leave position based out of one of our Centres located in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna. We are open to all locations, however, interest from clinicians in the Kelowna area is encouraged.
As a Registered Dietitian, the clinician in this position provides supportive nutrition services to our patients, including conducting individual consultations, teaching cooking demonstrations, and facilitating group nutrition workshops. In addition, this position will teach and facilitate other InspireHealth programs, reach out to the community through speaking engagements, liaise with other healthcare professionals and outside agencies, and perform other related duties as required. There may also be operational and administrative aspects of the role, such as marketing, event coordination/support, communications, and fundraising.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth Supportive Cancer Care (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
- Registered Dietitian designation, with good membership standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia
- Carry 2 million dollars of personal liability insurance
- 1 – 2 years of related experience
- Have a keen interest and understanding of patient-centred care, whole person health and whole foods nutrition
- Business, sales, research, marketing and/or development experience and interest an asset
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communication ability
- Competent technical skills on Windows based systems
- Interest in engaging and building relationships with colleagues outside of the organization
- A strong sense of initiative both individually and as part of a team
- Manage a complex and varied workload
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
- Assess patients on an individual basis. Review their dietary and medical history. Together with the patient explore supportive suggestions for their food and lifestyle habits (sleep hygiene, digestive function, food combinations and timing, stress reframing, etc.). Patients may also need support with clinical complications of a cancer diagnosis such as taste and appetite changes, weight fluctuations, relationship with food, nausea and vomiting, healing from surgery, digestive concerns, etc.
- Prepare and deliver in-person and/or virtual cooking demonstration-type classes.
- Facilitate nutrition and workshops and talks, from smaller discussion groups to larger talks in the centre or virtually
- Give public talks and participate in community networking events to promote InspireHealth.
- Contribute written articles to InspireHealth communications newsletter, blog etc. as needed.
- Operational duties in marketing, fundraising, events, and administration may also be required.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive package with excellent benefits including health and dental, health spending account and Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive paid vacation leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Business casual attire
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with some work-from-home opportunity
- A commitment to work/life balance
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A rewarding workplace experience where you know you are making a difference every day
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, and Kelowna
- Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘DIETITIAN – MAT LEAVE’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.