Special Projects & Executive Assistant
What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident that your work enhances the quality of life, health, and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? Bring your passion for organization, innovation, communication, building relationships, and team support to InspireHealth. We have an exciting opening for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Special Projects & Executive Assistant to join our team in this full-time permanent position at our Vancouver centre.
In this critical role, the Special Project & Executive Assistant will work closely with the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team and be responsible for providing high-level administrative excellence to the executive, including board support, project management support with internal and external stakeholders, as well as responsive support for special projects and initiatives. You are highly organized, self-motivated, passionate about exceptional organization, and open to diverse opportunities and challenges. Of course, you’ll have exceptional people skills and excellent communication, teamwork, presentation skills, and technical skills. You’ll have well-honed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with integrity, self-responsibility, and accountability. You thrive when you work independently and are skilled at being a contributing and influential member of a multi-disciplinary team. If your next job is a role that combines challenge, growth, and a chance to make a real impact, look no further!
A Little About Us
InspireHealth (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
You will show us that you have:
- A diploma or undergraduate degree in office administration, business, management, communications, or a related discipline
- Ideally, you’ll have previous experience as a leader in an administrative role or have the moxy and skills to advance your career to this level
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of people, including donors, Board members, volunteers and staff
- Experience with Board administrative procedures, including preparing for and coordinating Board meetings, distributing Board materials, etc
- Excellent technical skills in Windows-based systems (including Windows, MS Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint), electronic medical records, and software platforms for virtual meetings and presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Confident and capable networking skills
- Experience in project management is an asset
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
Special Projects & Executive Support
- Completes a wide variety of tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including:
– Ensuring excellence in project management by working actively with the executive team to keep projects to scope and timelines.
– Developing impactful correspondence, documents, and presentations under the CEO’s guidance, showcasing your exceptional written communication. This includes drafting and editing presentations, documents, spreadsheets and reports.
– Managing the organization’s calendar of key events and initiatives and coordinating with internal stakeholders to track and report on progress.
– Managing the CEO’s calendar, working closely with external partners, vendors and stakeholders to schedule meetings and coordinate logistics.
– Supporting the CEO by working with the executive team to prepare reports and other materials for key meetings.
– Minuting and following up on meeting action items.
– Supporting special events and projects, as required.
– Planning and coordinating travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
- Acts as a liaison by communicating directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with staff, Board members, donors, government officials and other external stakeholders.
- Maintains confidentiality and handles sensitive information with discretion and professionalism.
- Composes and prepares internal/external correspondence in addition to answering and routing correspondence, completing tasks that may be required, and helping triage actions and responses as necessary.
- Provides exceptional executive HR Support (e.g., contracts, team development, talent assessments) and manages HR issues in a confidential and professional manner.
- Liaises with an external HR consultant, as required, on HR matters.
- Works with the CEO on the development of the annual HR plan.
- Maintains staff HR manual and works with CEO to update policies.
- Supports hiring and onboarding of staff, including coordination of training.
- Oversees implementation of staff annual review process.
- Supports vital HR initiatives, including planning and coordinating team events.
- Supports CEO as Board liaison and responds to correspondence and inquiries from Board members.
- Supports Board & Committee meetings, including:
– Scheduling and coordinating meetings, including logistics, distribution of board materials, catering, etc.
– Preparing agendas, presentations, and briefing materials.
– Facilitating approval of minutes and other documents, as required.
- Coordinates activities to achieve Board approval in the timeframe required to meet annual budget, planning and reporting cycles.
- Oversees AGM planning, including:
– Creating and managing the AGM timeline.
– Working with internal stakeholders on the annual Society membership drive.
– Creating AGM materials – notice to members, proxy, draft agenda, draft script, etc.
– AGM meeting support.
What We Can Offer You
- A rewarding opportunity to know you are making a difference every day
- The opportunity to apply your fabulous skill set and grow your career
- Competitive package with excellent benefits, including health and dental, health spending account and Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Business casual attire
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with some work-from-home opportunity
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Central, lively location (Cambie/Broadway) close to shopping, dining and public transit, including Skytrain
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A rewarding workplace experience where you know you are making a difference every day
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Salary range for this position: $26/hr – $33/hr, depending on experience.
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Special Project & Executive Assistant’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.