- 350 g beetroot peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 ground almonds
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey optional
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius, 350 degrees farenheit.
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Add beetroot to food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add banana and continue to process.
- Add flour, almonds, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla, salt and bicarbonate of soda (and maple syrup or honey if using) and process until well combined, scraping down sides of processor if necessary.
- Transfer to prepared loaf tin and bake in oven for 45-50minutes, or until cake springs back to the touch and skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Store in refrigerator, loosely wrapped in greaseproof paper, in an airtight container. Recipe by imperfectly paleo