Blueberry Spelt Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup nut milk of choice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 ripe banana (optional, use a little less nut milk when adding a banana)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, grease muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine butter, nut or rice milk, honey, eggs.
- In a separate bowl (lg), combine flour, ½ c. pumpkin seeds, bran, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries (and banana).
- Divide into muffin pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins, cool for 5 mins before removing from pan.
Image by Sofia Iivarinen