From Alive Magazine
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Dash of paprika
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- Put carrots in large stockpot with water; bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer carrots, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in medium-sized frying pan. Add garlic, ginger, onion, cashews, spices, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to pot of carrots. Add coconut milk, honey, and lime juice. Stir, then simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Blend mixture in food processor in batches, and then transfer back to pot. Use a hand blender to achieve a chunkier consistency.
- Stir in cilantro before serving.
Recipe adapted by Alive