- 3 lbs Chicken Carcass, Wings, or Pieces
- 1 Onion halved
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 head Garlic halved
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives or Parsley finely chopped
- Add all chicken broth ingredients to a pot, add enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring up to a boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 3 hours. Strain and cool the broth.
- Once cooled, you can skim the fat off the top.
- For the breadcrumb dumplings. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well until it forms a dough. Roll into little balls. Cook in simmering broth until they float.
Recipe by Ellicsr.ca