- 2 avocados halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice approx 2 1/2 limes
- 1 jalapeño seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp water more as needed to thin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender. Add the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, water, and salt.
- Process, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. (If the mixture refuses to blend, add additional water in 1-tablespoon increments, as necessary.)
- If you would like a thinner, more drizzly sauce, add water in 1-tablespoon increments until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste, and add more salt if it’s not quite flavorful enough.
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a small serving bowl. This sauce keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days.
Recipe by Cookie and Kate