Mexican-Inspired Corn Salad
- 4 cups Corn (about 5 ears) Cut from cob
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Red bell pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Red onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro Chopped
- 6 Green onions Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper Diced
- 1/2 Avocado Chopped
- 4 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sour cream Or yogurt
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese Or Feta, crumbled
- Cut the corn off the cob. I used 5 ears to get about 4 cups. You can also use canned corn or frozen corn. If using frozen, no need to thaw it out.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the corn and stir it around. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the corn starts to char, which is why we’re using high heat. If using frozen corn, you will need a couple minutes extra to get the right charred bits.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and let it cool for a couple minutes.
- To the same bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Stir everything together until well combined. Adjust lime juice and salt and pepper as necessary.
- To serve garnish with additional cheese and cilantro, if preferred.
Recipe by Jo Cooks