These cookies make great healthy upgrades!
Servings: 5 dozen
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped (freeze first for easy chopping)
- 1 tbsp range zest, grated
- Preheat oven to 375oF. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- In another bowl, beat butter and maple syrup until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in raisins, cranberries, and orange zest.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets; press down with fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately transfer to wire racks to cool. Makes 5 dozen.
Recipe adapted from Katherine E. Younker, Complete Canadian Diabetes Cookbook.