- 1/2 cup (75 g) frozen shelled edamame beans
- 1 cup (81 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ⅔ cups (399 mL) canned light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white miso paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Add the edamame beans to a bowl and cover them with plenty of boiling water. Let it sit to thaw while you prepare the oats.
- To a saucepan on high heat, add the oats, coconut milk, water, bouillon cube, sesame oil, and garlic powder. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce to a simmer for 7 – 8 minutes, stirring on occasion to prevent burning. Add more coconut milk or water if you prefer a thinner consistency, or cook for a couple of minutes longer if you prefer it thicker.
- Next, stir in the green onion, miso paste, sriracha hot sauce, and black pepper. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes before taking the pan off the heat.
- Divide the oatmeal between your bowls, and add the sliced radishes and pickled onions over top. Drain the edamame beans and add them to your bowls. Sprinkle over any additional desired toppings, and enjoy!