- 3/4 cup Old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup Room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp Unsalted butter Melted
- 6 cups Blueberries
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and coat an 8”-square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the topping, whisk together the oats, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour in the maple syrup and melted butter. Stir until fully incorporated.
- To prepare the filling, toss the blueberries with the cornstarch in a large bowl until completely coated.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared pan, and sprinkle evenly with the topping. (The topping tends to clump, so break it up into really small pieces!) Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until the juice is bubbling at the sides of the pan. Cool completely to room temperature; then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving to allow the juices to fully thicken.
Recipe by Amy's Healthy Baking