A yummy sweet treat to sprinkle on your hot cereal, put into a parfait or just to eat as is. Although the healthy oils and fibre from the nuts will help to keep your blood sugar from rising too much, this is considered a treat and should be eaten in moderation.
Servings: 5.5 cups
- 2 cups large-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, sliced (or any other nut combination of choice)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or any other seed of choice)
- 1 cup mixed dried tropical fruit, (such as pineapple, mango or papaya), chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, fruits and shredded coconut. Mix well.
- In a saucepan, melt the oil and add honey, vanilla and salt over medium low heat. Once melted, stir into the oat mixture and mix well.
- Press into a parchment paper–lined 9×11” or 9×13” rectangular baking pan.
- Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven until golden and firm to the touch, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Break into bite-size clusters; let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.