- 1 cup Raw cashews Soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice More if needed
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- If Drain and rinse cashews until the water runs clear.
- In a blender, combine the cashews, water, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and mustard. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. If you’re having trouble blending the mixture, or would prefer a thinner consistency, slowly blend in up to ½ cup additional water, as needed.
- Taste and add an additional teaspoon of lemon juice if you would like more tang, or additional salt if a more intense flavor is desired. Serve immediately or chill the sour cream for later.
- Leftovers keep well, chilled, for about 5 days. The sour cream will thicken up a bit more as it rests; you can thin it by whisking in a small amount of water later, if necessary.
CHANGE IT UP: Add 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast to give the cashew cream a more cheese-like flavor. Recipe by: Cookie and Kate