What if you could work every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do enhances the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families? We are looking for a talented, dynamic, and experienced Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) to join our team.
Come work with the InspireHealth team in this full-time maternity leave position. This position reports directly to the Program Lead or the Director of Clinical Services. As a CEP, this individual provides exercise and fitness related services including consultations, physical assessments and teaching classes. In addition, the CEP teaches and facilitates other InspireHealth programs, reaches out to the community through speaking engagements, liaises with other healthcare professionals and outside agencies, and performs other related duties as required. There may also be some operational and administrative aspects of the role, such as event coordination/support, communications, and/or fundraising.
A Little About Us
InspireHealth Supportive Cancer Care (https://inspirehealth.ca/) is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. For over 25 years, we have provided supportive cancer care to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. We offer life-changing, one-on-one and group support including exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition, and counselling services.
A Little About You
Your resume and cover letter will show us that you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an exercise-related field (e.g. kinesiology, human kinetics, exercise physiology, or exercise science)
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) designation from a recognized governing body (e.g., CSEP, ACSM)
- Required to carry 2 million dollars of personal liability insurance
- 1 – 2 years of related experience (teaching exercise classes, performing assessments, consultations)
- Experience in teaching yoga, Tai Chi or other supportive movement therapies is an asset
- Business, sales, marketing and/or development experience or interest is an asset
- Excellent presentation skills and oral and written communication ability
- Competent technical skills on Windows based systems
- A strong sense of initiative both individually and as part of a team
- Manage a complex and varied workload
A Little About the Key Responsibilities
- A team player who contributes to a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Perform individualized exercise consultations with patients including history taking, review of medical reports, determination of current and potential activity levels, assessment of current fitness levels, and discussion of behavior change and goals.
- Prepare individualized activity plans and programs based on diagnosis, health status and concerns, activities of daily living, patient goals, energy levels, treatment-related side effects, and recommendations from physicians or other health professionals.
- Design and facilitate exercise-related group programming including group strength and stretch, strength-based circuit classes and/or walking groups.
- Observe and analyze patients during exercise sessions, write progress reports and consult with other health professionals as necessary.
- Provide education to patients regarding health promotion, physical activity, exercise, and injury prevention.
- Give public talks and participate in community networking events to promote InspireHealth.
- Contribute written articles to InspireHealth communications newsletter, blog etc. as needed.
- Operational duties in marketing, fundraising, events and administration may also be required.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary and extended health and dental benefits
- Competitive paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Business casual attire
- On-site fitness facilities
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with flexible work-from-home options
- A commitment to work/life balance
- A welcoming, caring, and respectful team culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A rewarding workplace experience where we know we are making a difference every day
- An opportunity to start every morning with a team mindfulness activity
- Warm and inviting offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, and Kelowna
- Inspiring support from our accomplished Board of Directors and Advisory Board
If You’d Like Us to Know About You
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘CLINICAL EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST’ in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.