30-Minute Cheesy Kale Chips
- 10 oz kale leaves chopped, washed, dried & stems removed
- 2 tbsp grape seed, olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp raw or roasted (unsalted) sunflower seeds
- 5-6 tbsp nutritional yeast divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (148 C).
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Use hands to massage the kale to soften its texture and disperse the oil. Set aside.
- Add spice mixture to the kale and toss with hands to distribute, working it into the grooves so it’s thoroughly coated.
- Divide kale between 2 large baking sheets (or more if increasing batch size) and spread into an even layer, making sure the pieces aren’t overlapping to ensure crispiness. You may need to bake them in two batches depending on size of baking sheets.
- Sprinkle the kale with remaining 1-2 Tbsp (3-6 g // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) nutritional yeast for extra flavor and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove from oven and toss/flip kale to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until chips are crispy and golden brown. Watch carefully to ensure they don’t burn. Let cool slightly before enjoying.
- Once completely cooled, store leftovers in a large plastic bag or container for 2-3 days. The crispy texture begins fading past 24 hours, so enjoy as close to baking as possible!
Recipe by Minimalist Baker