These delicious, nutrient dense, vegan and gluten free breakfast cookies are the perfect way to start the day!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup mashed banana approx 3 medium
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, coconut, almond flour, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking power, and salt. Stir in the crystallized ginger and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together the banana, olive oil, and maple syrup until well blended. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Working with wet hands so the batter does not stick too much, scoop ¼ cup (60 mL) of the batter and pat into 2-inch (5 cm) circles. Place evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet. If the batter starts to stick to your hands, simply rinse them off and keep working with wet hands. The cookies will not spread, so you can easily fit them on one baking sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom and starting to brown on top, 17 to 19 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Recipe by Desireerd