- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large onion Sliced
- 2 tbsp Minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1/4 cube Vegetable bouillon
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 540 ml can Chickpeas Rinsed and drained
- 2 cup Brown rice Cooked
- 1 cup Dry bread Or pototao crumbs
- 1/4 cup Brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro Chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Vegan mayonaisse
- 1 cup Garlic Crushed
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 12 Burger buns
- 1/2 cup Peach chutney
- 1/4 cup Red onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- 1 cup Arugula
- In a large saucepan combine olive oil, onion, ginger, garlic, bouillon, curry powder, turmeric, pepper flakes, tomato paste and water. Cook over medium heat for 45 mins, stir often.
- Remove from heat, add chickpeas, brown rice, bread crumbs, rice flour, cilantro, lemon juice and salt. Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, oil the paper.
- Process 3 cups of mixture in food processor until smooth, this will act as ‘glue’. Return to unprocessed burger mix, stir.
- Shape in 12 patties, arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 15 mins, flip patties, return to oven for 15 more mins.
- When done patties will have begun to set firm and the edges will be golden. Serve hot out of the oven or reheat.
- Whisk together vegan mayo and curry powder.
- Spread buns with curry mayo.
- To the bottom bun in the following order add veggies, tomato, patty, chutney and top bun.
Recipe by http://www.ciaowinnipeg.com/buddha-burger/