- 1 Small butternut squash Peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Less if sensitive to spice
- 6 cups Loose-packed spring mix greens
- 2 oz Goat cheese Torn into smaller pieces
- 2 Medjool dates Pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Pistachios Crushed and toasted
- Salt To taste
- Ground pepper To taste
Cider Date Dressing
- 5 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Medjool date Pitted
- 1/2 Garlic clove
- 1/8 tsp Ground cumin
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper To taste
- 3-5 tbsp Water As needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash cubes on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender and browned around the edges.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne. Set aside.
- Make the Cider Date Dressing: In a blender, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, date, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of water. Add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of water as needed to blend.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven, let cool slightly, and, while warm, toss with the spice mixture.
- Assemble the salad with the spring mix greens and half of the roasted squash. Drizzle with ⅓ of the dressing, toss lightly, then add the remaining squash, goat cheese, dates, pomegranates, and pistachios. Drizzle with more dressing as desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo by Butternut Squash Salad Recipe - Love and Lemons