Mediterranean Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
This delicious vegetarian quinoa bowl is packed with plenty of plant-based protein. Store in containers for quick, nutrient filled lunches all week long.
- 1 Jar (7 oz) Roasted red peppers Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- 4 tbsp Olive oil Divided
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper Optional
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives Chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion Finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) Chickpeas Rinsed
- 1 cup Cucumber Diced
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese Crumbled
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley Finely chopped
- Place peppers, almonds, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and crushed red pepper (if using) in a mini food processor. Puree until fairly smooth.
- Combine quinoa, olives, red onion and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture among 4 bowls and top with equal amounts of the chickpeas, cucumber and the red pepper sauce. Sprinkle with feta and parsley.
Recipe by Eating Well