This zesty cashew Caesar dressing brings the whole dish to life. The perfect side to any main!
- 1 cup Raw cashews (option to soak overnight in cool water, or in hot water for 1 hour)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Each sea salt and black pepper, plus more to taste
- 8-12 Medium cloves fresh garlic Chopped
- 4 tsp Capers in brine
- 2 tsp Brine juice from capers
- 6 tbsp Lemon juice*
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1 tsp Chickpea (or soy) miso paste
- 1 tsp Pure maple syrup (or sub Stevia to taste)
- Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add enough water to thin until pourable.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon or mustard for zing, salt or capers for saltiness, olive oil for creaminess, maple syrup to sweeten, or miso for more depth of flavor.
* 2 large lemons yield ~6 Tbsp or 90 ml Recipe by Minimalist Baker