Crunchy Gluten-free Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa flakes (or millet flakes, or buckwheat flakes)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 - 1 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1/2 cup – 1 raisins, dates, goji berries, or other dried fruit
- Shredded Coconut
- Line a large baking tray with parchment. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the oats, seeds, and nuts in a large bowl (or use a mixer). Combine the oil, syrup or honey, vanilla and salt in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread on the baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 30 35 minutes. You MUST watch this and stir often to prevent from burning. The edges like to brown fast so make sure you mix them into the middle. I usually stir the granola after the first 10 minutes and then every 5-10 minutes after that.