Over the next couple of months, we will be posting all the recipes for the food we serve at our LIFE Program. Check back regularly for a new recipe each week.This week we are featuring our lovely Curried Zucchini Soup – a delicious and nutritious soup full of detoxifying ingredients that is fast and easy to make. Perfect to enjoy as a main or a side dish on a rainy fall day.Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 serves (as a side dish)
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup lentils, soaked overnight
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add onions and curry paste. Saute until onions are translucent(approx. 3 minutes).
- Add zucchini, garlic, ginger, and sea salt. Saute for another 5 minutes before adding lentils and broth.
- Add lentils and broth and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until lentils and zucchini are tender.
- Add coconut milk and incorporate with a high-speed blender or an immersion blender. Be careful– the soup will be hot!
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
*Soak lentils overnight. Rinse well and drain before adding to soup.