Curried Zucchini and Ginger Soup
Over the next couple of months, we will be posting all the recipes for the food we serve at our LIFE Program. Check back regularly for a new recipe each week.This week we are featuring our lovely Curried Zucchini Soup – a delicious and nutritious soup full of detoxifying ingredients that is fast and easy to make. Perfect to enjoy as a main or a side dish on a rainy fall day.Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 serves (as a side dish)
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup lentils, soaked overnight
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add onions and curry paste. Saute until onions are translucent(approx. 3 minutes).
- Add zucchini, garlic, ginger, and sea salt. Saute for another 5 minutes before adding lentils and broth.
- Add lentils and broth and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until lentils and zucchini are tender.
- Add coconut milk and incorporate with a high-speed blender or an immersion blender. Be careful– the soup will be hot!
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
*Soak lentils overnight. Rinse well and drain before adding to soup.