- 1 Parsnip peeled and chopped
- 1 Yukon potato chopped
- 1 Sweet potato chopped (skin on)
- 1 Bundle carrots tops removed, peeled and chopped
- 2 Beets topped removed, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion sliced in wedges lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Fresh herbs (e.g. rosemary, thyme)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or organic brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper (use more baking sheets as needed if increasing batch size).
- Add all vegetables to the pan, along with fresh herbs, oil, salt, pepper, and maple syrup (optional) and toss to combine. All of the vegetables should be well coated in oil. See notes for oil-free option.
- Roast until golden brown and tender—about 30-45 minutes, or more—tossing/flipping at the halfway point to ensure even baking.
- Remove from oven and enjoy. We served ours with a side of our Easy Vegan Gravy and some more herbs for garnish (optional). Store cooled leftovers up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat, or in a 350 degree F (176 C) oven until warm.
Recipe by Minimalist Baker