Enjoy a delicious snack with these nutrient filled crackers packed with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats.
- 2 tbsp Ground flax seeds Flax meal
- 2 tbsp Brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1-2 tbsp Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a standard-size (13×18-inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flax seeds, brown rice flour, and salt until well combined. Add the sunflower seeds, pepitas, hemp seeds, and chia seeds and toss to combine.
- Pour the boiling water over the seed mixture and stir until there are no dry spots. Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for 15 minutes until the seeds have absorbed the water and the mixture is thick and sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and, using a rubber spatula, spread into as thin and even a layer as possible. On a standard-size baking sheet (13×18-inch), it should go all the way to the edges. Be sure that the middle isn’t too thick and the edges aren’t too thin, and try to avoid any gaps or holes. You want even, thin, crispy crackers! Once your mixture is spread evenly, sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the top.
- Bake your crackers for 35-45 minutes, or until they have become toasty in color and are dry and hard to the touch. If it feels soft in the middle, let it bake for a couple more minutes, but not past 50 minutes, or you’ll have burnt crackers!
- Let crackers cool completely on the baking sheet, then carefully break your large cracker into whatever size pieces you prefer. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1-2 weeks.
Recipe by Minimalist Baker