This flavourful edamame dip makes for the perfect high protein vegan snack!
- 1 1/4 cup shelled edamame cooked according to package directions
- 2 green onions roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp shiro (white) miso
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chile flakes
- salt to taste
- If you haven't already boiled your edamame, drop it in a small pot of boiling water until cooked, usually 3-4 minutes
- Place edamame, green onions, miso, avocado + sesame oils, lemon juice and chile flakes into a small food processor and blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes, scraping as necessary.
- Taste and adjust salt or lemon juice as needed. If you want it a lighter, even more whipped texture, you can add a tablespoon or two of water and blend again.
- Serve with your favourite sliced vegetables, crackers, bread or even pretzels!
Recipe by Desireerd