This fresh vegetable salad is as colorful as it is yummy! Eating a rainbow of veggies ensures a good variety of essential vitamins and minerals. Feel free to get creative with the vegetables depending on what’s currently available at your local farmers market.
- 1 cup purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped leafy greens (e.g. kale, spinach, arugula etc)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- Salt (to taste)
- Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss gently.
- In a small jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix.
Photo by logan jeffrey