- 10 Medjool dates soaked in warm water
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Flax seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger grated (or sub for ground ginger)
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cloves
- 1/4 cup Ground chia seeds
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in warm water for several minutes. Drain but keep the water.
- Combine all ingredients (except for coating ingredients) in a food processor and blend on high until it forms into a ball and is smooth throughout.
- Check texture by pinching the dough between your fingers. It should be sticky and able to keep its shape. If the mixture is too dry, add more water in which you have soaked the dates.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll between your palms to form your balls.
- Roll them in the coating and shake off excess. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or plate and place in the refrigerator to harden.
Recipe by Natalie's Health