The following tasty lemon morsels are gluten-free (it’s always good to take a break from glutenin case you are even a little bit sensitive) and contain unrefined sugar as well as healthy fat.These scrumptious shortbreads are an easy and healthy upgrade from the typical holiday baking goodies, which generally contain white flour and white sugar and possibly even unhealthy fats -all in one tasty, yet dangerous little package.
Servings: 30 cookies
- Rolling Pin
- Baking sheet
- Pastry Blender/Electric Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch Optional, add 1/4 cup flour if not using
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 8 tbsp Melted Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup, Maple Syrup, or Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon Juiced and Grated Zest
- 15 Almonds, Pecans, or Walnuts Halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, salt & baking soda together.
- Combine the butter, honey/syrup, vanilla, lemon zest, and juice.
- Cut butter and sugar into flour mix with pastry blender into dough.
- Blend until smooth and satiny.
- Form into large ball and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll with rolling pin to ¼ inch think between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Remove paper and cut shapes and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Press nut into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.