- 4 slices Sprouted grain bread
- 1 1/3 cup Store bought hummus
- 1 package Smoked tempeh or smoked tofu cut into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes
- 3 handfuls Baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Oil-packed sundried tomatoes patted dry and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 tsp Olive oil extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Vegan mayo for serving
- In a small bowl, stir sundried tomatoes into hummus. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet just over medium heat, warm olive oil and then add tempeh cubes. Cook until golden brown on 2-3 sides, about 1-2 min a side. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Then, toast bread. Spread thinly with vegan mayo and then add 1/3 cup of hummus. Divide spinach – tempeh mixture between the toasts and add olives.
Note: all prepared foods have different flavour profiles. Be sure to taste and adjust here! Hummus fall flat? Brighten it up with some lemon juice. Tempeh lacking salt? Toss tempeh mixture with 1 tbsp of soy sauce to enrich the flavour. Recipe by Desireerd