Easy Mint Chutney
- 1 cup Loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 cup Loosely packed cilantro If you don’t like cilantro, sub a mix of more mint and some parsley
- 1 clove Garlic Peeled
- 1/2 Medium jalapeño Deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Plain coconut yogurt Unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- To an 8-cup or smaller food processor add all ingredients: mint, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño (starting with the lesser amount), lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut yogurt, water, sea salt, and black pepper. Blend until smooth. If using a larger food processor, we suggest doubling the batch size or it may have trouble blending.
- Add more water, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, to reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more jalapeño for heat (we used the full suggested amount), lemon juice for acidity, maple syrup to balance and add sweetness, garlic for zing, or sea salt to taste.
Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If freezing, freeze into ice cube molds then store in a well-sealed container in the freezer for up to 1 month.