Miso Tahini Dressing
This rich and creamy dressing is easy to make and is delicious drizzled over salad greens, steamed veggies, stir fries, noodles, or rice. It makes a great sandwich spread or a tangy, tasty dip for veggies or crackers.Miso – This fermented soy bean paste has a sweet and salty flavour and can be found in ranges of colour with the darker colours representing longer fermentation and having a stronger flavour. Miso provides beneficial bacteria that can act as a probiotic source. Tahini – Tahini is a paste of finely ground sesame seeds. They are a good source of iron and are also rich in calcium, magnesium, protein, fibre, other vitamins and minerals, and essential fatty acids. Lemon Juice – Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, and lemon juice can enhance the absorption of iron when added to iron-rich foods.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp organic miso paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Optional: Grated ginger, minced herbs, freshly squeezed orange juice or lime juice
- In a jar or small bowl, mix the tahini, miso paste and lemon juice until it forms a smooth paste.
- Gradually stir in the ¼ cup of warm water until you get the consistency you’d like. Add more water if you would like a thinner consistency. It will continue to thicken as it sits.
- Stir in the garlic, pepper and any other optional ingredients.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.