This rich and creamy dressing is easy to make and is delicious drizzled over salad greens, steamed veggies, stir fries, noodles, or rice. It makes a great sandwich spread or a tangy, tasty dip for veggies or crackers.Miso – This fermented soybean paste has a sweet and salty flavour and can be found in ranges of colour with the darker colours representing longer fermentation and having a stronger flavour. Miso provides beneficial bacteria that aids in digestion and is also known to have a protective quality during radiation.Tahini – Tahini is a fine paste of ground sesame seeds. By weight, sesame seeds are higher in iron than liver. They are also high in calcium, magnesium, protein, fibre, other vitamins and minerals, and EFA’s.Lemon Juice – With its antibacterial properties, high levels of vitamin C and detoxifying properties, lemon juice is a great addition to any recipe.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp organic miso paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Optional: Grated ginger, minced herbs, freshly squeezed orange juice or lime juice
- In a jar or small bowl, mix the tahini, miso paste and lemon juice until it forms a smooth paste.
- Gradually stir in the ¼ cup of warm water until you get the consistency you’d like. Add more water if you would like a thinner consistency. It will continue to thicken as it sits.
- Stir in the garlic, pepper and any other optional ingredients.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.