Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Perfect baked oatmeal with pumpkin purée, warm spices, and maple syrup, studded with pecans and cranberries. Made in just 1 bowl with 10 ingredients.Gluten-Free, vegan, freezer-friendly for 1 month, keeps 3-4 Days
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 batches flax eggs*
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp avocado or melted coconut oil (if avoiding oil, sub applesauce or omit)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (or sub other nut or seed of choice)
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries or other fruit (optional)
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- *To make one flax egg, mix 1 tbsp (7g) flaxseed meal with 2 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) water, stir, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and grease a 2-quart (or similar size) baking dish with oil (or vegan butter).
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl. Then add pumpkin purée, maple syrup, oil, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
- Add dairy-free milk and stir once more. Then add oats and pecans and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to the greased baking dish and top with additional pecans. Sprinkle with coconut sugar for a “swirl” effect (optional) and cranberries (optional).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown, the edges are slightly caramelized, and it has some springiness in the centre. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings, such as coconut whipped cream (or warmed coconut milk or almond milk) and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days (or in the freezer up to 1 month), though best when fresh. Reheat in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven or in the microwave until hot, adding more dairy-free milk as needed to remoisten.