Quick Ginger Garlic Miso Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste — raw or roasted // or sub cashew butter)
- 1 heaping tbsp reshly peeled grated ginger (or very finely minced)
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic (scrape minced garlic across the cutting board with a knife to make more of a paste for bolder flavor)
- 1 heaping tsp yellow or white miso paste (use chickpea miso for soy-free — we like Miso Master brand)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (plus more to taste)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar*
- 1 tsp toasted or untoasted sesame oil (if oil-free, sub water — flavor will be affected)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (plus more to taste)
- 2 - 3 tbsp water (plus more to taste)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- To a medium mixing bowl add tahini, fresh ginger, garlic, miso paste, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Add water until a creamy, pourable sauce is achieved. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more vinegar for tanginess, maple syrup for sweetness, miso for strong miso flavor, garlic or ginger for zing, or salt or coconut aminos for saltiness.
Recipe by Minimalist Baker