Quick Pickled Vegetables
This simple canning recipe can be used with almost any vegetable! Make delicious pickled cucumbers, green beans, asparagus, beets, radishes, peppers, zucchini, onions, and more!
- Green beans
- Bell peppers
- Summer squash
- Bay leaves
- Fennel seeds
- Mustard seed
- Anise seed
- Dill seed
- Juniper berries
- Turmeric root
- Lemon zest
- Orange zest
- Lime zest
- Begin filling up your mason jars with veggies, layering with whole spices, raw aromatics (onion, ginger, garlic, etc) and herbs.
- While you are filling the jars, heat the pickling liquid on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Carefully pour hot the pickling liquid over the veggies, completely submerging. Leave about a ½-inch space between the top of the liquid and the lid.
- Cool on the counter for a couple of hours before covering and placing the fridge.
- Refrigerate 12-24 hours. They will begin to have flavor the next day, and after a few days, they will taste even better.
Will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Recipe by Feasting at Home.