- 1 cup Brown rice Uncooked
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Toasted sesame oil Divided
- 8 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 3 cups Stir fry vegetables of choice (cabbage, bell peppers, etc) Chopped
- 4 stalks Green onion Thinly sliced
- 1 12 oz bag Frozen shelled edamame
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 2 Carrots Shredded
- 5 tsp Rice vinegar Divided
- 1/4 tsp Salt To taste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper To taste
For serving (optional)
- Sliced avacado
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the rice and water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 30-45 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the grains are tender.
- While the rice cooks, add half the sesame oil (1 Tbsp (15 ml) adjust amount if altering number of servings) and all of the mushrooms to a large rimmed skillet and turn to medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cook the mushrooms for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until reduced in size, lightly browned, and most of the moisture has cooked off. Transfer the mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
- To the now empty skillet, add the remaining sesame oil (1 Tbsp (15 ml) adjust amount if altering number of servings) with your stir-fry veggies and about 2/3 of the green onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, or until the vegetables are bright and begin to soften. Turn the heat to medium-low and addthe frozen, shelled edamame. Toss to combine, then add the teriyaki sauce and cover. Steam for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the edamame is softened and warmed through.
- While your veggies steam, combine the shredded carrots, remaining green onion, and 3 tsp of rice vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Toss gently and set aside.
- Check on the rice, fluff it with a fork, add the remaining 2 tsp of rice vinegar, mix well, and cover.
Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Not freezer friendly. Recipe by: Minimalist Baker