This quick, easy to throw together dish is packed with cancer-fighting nutrients. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer spice. Red peppers don’t just add colour and sweet flavour, they are also rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamin A, calcium, iron and zinc. Chives aid in digestion and are high in iron. This dish is amazingly versatile; use up whatever veggies and herbs you have on hand.
- 6 eggs
- 1 - 2 tsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 - 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a stainless steel or seasoned cast iron pan on medium low heat. Sprinkle the turmeric into the melted fat. Sauté bell peppers and/or other vegetables in the melted fat for 2 minutes. Turn the pan to low.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, and pour into the pan. Cover and let set. (approx.. 10-15 minutes). You may need to place the pan under the broiler for a minute or two to brown the top.
- (If using cheese, sprinkle on top just before it sets)
- Sprinkle the top with chives. Use a knife to loosen the sides of the frittata, turn onto a cutting board, and slice. Serve hot, or chill and serve cold.
- Use mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, kale, dill, basil, cilantro, potatoes, onions, garlic, chives, sweet potatoes….
Photo by Visual Stories