This quick and easy to prepare recipe can be served as a tasty side dish or as a main entrée. Roasting the cauliflower makes it unbelievably sweet tasting. High in flavour and rich in fibre, protein and phytonutrients, this dish is delicious, filling and good for you!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp + ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove outer leaves of cauliflower; chop into bite-size florets. Rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas.
- Toss the chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan with olive oil and sea salt (to taste).
- Place in oven to roast, stirring occasionally, until the chickpeas and cauliflower are browned and cauliflower is soft. Around 45 minutes.
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, mix the mustards, vinegar, lemon juice and zest and remaining olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- When chickpeas and cauliflower are finished in the oven, remove and stir in dressing while warm. Add parsley and season to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from “It’s All Good”, by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen, April 2013.