A wonderfully crunchy snack! Play around with different spices and herbs to find what you like best! Eat as is as a snack or sprinkle on top of salads, soups, cereals, in granola, in trail mix or in baking.Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds contain a wide variety of antioxidants and are a good source of minerals such as zinc, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and copper. In addition, they are a good source of protein and fibre. Good for immunity, reproduction, bones, skin, and vision.Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil is a healthy monounsaturated fat rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients such as phenols and polyphenols. It is also a good source of vitamin E. Heart healthy and anti-inflammatory!
- 1.5 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp melted butter (or coconut or olive oil)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Any spice of your choice!
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Mix seeds with butter or oil in a bowl together with the spices of choice and unrefined salt.
- Spread out evenly in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Stirring occasionally, bake until golden brown (around 15-20 minutes)
You can use seeds from a freshly carved pumpkin (keep some of the stringy bits on the seeds as they add great flavour – just clean off the extra chunks!). Do not eat the shells. Photo by Cathal Mac an Bheatha