This side dish of lightly cooked greens provides an abundance of nutrients and flavour.
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup assorted greens (kale, dandelion greens, spinach, collard, beet greens, etc.), chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Salt (to taste)
- Blanch the broccolini in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander.
- Return the pot to the stovetop and warm olive oil over low heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and stir for 1 – 2 minutes. Return broccolini to the pot and stir until heated through. Add greens and sauté until tender. Season with unrefined salt.
- Garnish with fresh lemon juice and sunflower seeds before serving.
Photo by makafood