Savoury Granola Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, or cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced, peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and spray a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour the water over the rolled oats in a small bowl, and let soak for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk. Add the parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the soaked oats and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake in the oven until golden brown and firm to touch, about 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into bars. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store the bars covered, in the fridge, for up to 5 days.
Recipe by Very Good Cook