Ready in just 20 minutes, this delicious fall salad is the perfect combination of savory, sweet and crunchy.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 2 cups Kale finely chopped, stems removed
- 1 cup Apple chopped
- 4 Medjool dates pitted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Roasted hazlenuts chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Shallot finely chopped
- Optional: If using raw hazelnuts, roast whole hazelnuts on a bare baking sheet at 350 F (176 C) for 12-15 minutes or until fragrant.
- Prepare dressing by adding olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and shallot to a small jar with a lid and shaking to combine. Or, add to a bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts, halve them lengthwise, and slice very thinly with a knife or the slicing disc on a food processor.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and kale to a large mixing / serving bowl, shake or whisk the dressing again, and add about half of it. Then massage with clean hands for 1-2 minutes to infuse the Brussels sprouts and kale with the dressing and make them easier to chew and digest.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients (apples, dates, and roasted hazelnuts) and the remaining dressing. Toss to coat, breaking any clumps of dates up into small pieces. Enjoy!
Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, but the apple will start browning and the veggies may get a little soggy. Not freezer friendly.Recipe by Minimalist Baker